Several things went wrong with today’s sale at flipkart, here is my set of reasons why i did not buy anything and will not buy anything in the near future on any flipkart sales.
- Annoying and repeated advertisements on tv is my first personal reason, the same stupid ad in the middle of a live sports 5 times in a row, is an insult to the viewer’s intelligence
- You have no way of getting to a product detail page from the mobile app without knowing the code that is printed in newspapers i don’t read and the product search results never get you to the actual offer product pages. Classification on the mobile app on top, limited time, limited stock, steal deal is poor design that is adding to the search issues. Of course on top of this images never loaded during the first 30 minutes of the sale
- Most items felt like they were all clearance and possibly a preparation for upcoming season sales. It is a massive push for traffic with very less value for the customer
- Prices were of course increased and then discounted and there are multiple proofs for this across product categories
- If all the stock is going to run out in 5 minutes and why push so much for a traffic that will never convert, and in the process lose trust that you built over a long time
May be all the bizarre funding, silent aggression from amazon, simplicity of snapdeal, lack of original ideas for the indian, and recent successes of mi sales, blinded flipkart so badly that it did not even necessitate to check basic retail sense before starting the marketing and in turn losing at least major chunk of my trust in flipkart.
No deals here.