Here is a 2009 first half year round up. Not much as I see it, but I could still be happy that I am a great filter.
- Within the CoP context I think desigining such spaces will energize and commit more people to the cause of knowledge. It is better and possible to design spaces for social interactions in your current context than blabber about knowledge eco-systems in ppts. Thanks to Kim for the hat tip.
- In addition to Stephen P. Borgatti and Jos´e-Luis Molina paper , Toward ethical guidelines for network research in organizations
this post will help kick start action in SNA if you are thinking of conducting one. Thanks to Graham Durant Law.
- Interesting interpretations on network types and underlying SNA Methods. Great example on how easily we can misread a network diagram from Connectedness.
- Though many people adopt NPS for analysing customer satisfacion scores longitudinally, I am seeing NPS in the context of communities for the first time
- As unusual as it can get, community based km at SAP
Social Media Examples
- Guy Kuwasaki shared some great Social Media examples from the industry, well if you have an idea on how to make twitter earn money look for a VC.
- From the FastForward blog here are enterprise social media round up from the open source world. All new set of tools catering to all media platforms.
- We have been hearing stories get you jobs, make people change, spend more, trust more etc, here is a nice example from an eBay sale.
- The classic story archetype of J Campbell more movies this summer and the next and the next, you never get bored it is that good an archetype.
Is there any another way to allow people make sense than by narratives so variations can fit to context?
- JP made a great post on Complete heuristics on how to pick a book/author
- It will be a shame if NHS KM site is taken out, Help needed dont let it happen.
- I marked this for finding out what symbols exist in IT industry that can help me represent a flow of events and also in a easily comprehensible manner,
Yeah I hear this big picture missing thing a lot.
- From Dave Snowden, lists facets on opportunity scenarios in recession times. I need to apply trends and its system evolution laws for articulating the opportunities within an industry. I have been using STC (Stands for Size, Time and Cost) from the TRIZ toolkit for quite a while now and it is very powerful for scenario thinking.
- In a way organizational knowledge base system is very similar to these online giving markets. Giving part means the existence of trust both by the giver and taker.
Great pointers on the success elements for such a market.